Steve & Carol

Steve & Carol
Above Soda Canyon in Mesa Verde National Park

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday, September 20

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Today was our last day in Santa Fe and Carol wanted to go back downtown to the Plaza area. We first made a trip up Canyon Road. Art Galleries are everywhere, block after block. I was very impressed. Some of the artwork just takes your breath away. I took many pictures, many of the photos in today's blog are from Canyon Road. Although many of you are like us "we're just looking", Canyon Road needs to be on your agenda when you visit Santa Fe.

We eventually made it to the Plaza and downtown. I can't tell you how many stores, shops, concessions and vendors we visited. I've looked at so much turquoise jewelry I have a blue tint to my vision. We did visit one restaurant "The Ore House Restaurant and Cantina", once again awesome food, very hot, with great margaritas. After lunch we shopped more and Carol showed me the Santa Fe Cooking School. We did make a few purchases today(no jewelry), Carol will be anxious to tell you about our new flatware and other pieces. It is Nambe' made here in Santa Fe. After leaving downtown we stopped by a grocery store and headed back to the RV park.

By the way, the weather was just gorgeous again today.Heading up Canyon Road.

A gallery on Canyon Road, I liked the colors with all these petunias.


This is a bronze sculpture and fountain, water is slowly pouring out of both pieces of pottery. "The Life Givers". Can't imagine leaving this in my front yard.



"Walks Among the Stars", the detail and color was unbelievable. The blanket was part of the sculpture.
The blanket on back of "Walks Among the Stars" I didn't get the name of this sculpture but it was so detailed it was eerie.
This is a close up, look at his eyes.The "Scout" These were several bronze sculptures of children playing in the sand."Playmates" Old man with boy fishing. I didn't see the name but it was one my favorites.
"Gone Fishin'"

Amazing detail on this Big Horn.


These were in a little park downtown by the Santa Fe River (small creek). They were the actual remains of the tree trunks. What a great way to use old trees in your parks.
Nice Fish!






No comments: