Steve & Carol

Steve & Carol
Above Soda Canyon in Mesa Verde National Park

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wildlife shots 8/16

Here's a very small sampling of some of my wildlife shots. Most were taken with a 35mm Minolta XD11 or XE7 with various Minolta lenses. I've recently experimented with saving these 35 mm slides to a digital format. Some of the quality is lost in the transfer but overall it's not bad. Black bear cub keeping a close eye on me.

Two very nice bull elk. I believe this shot was taken around the Cooke City, Mt. area.Bald eagles, one is enjoying his recently caught salmon.

I was probably 20 feet below this cat when I took this and several shots of this treed cat. One of Carol's objections to my wildlife photography hobby.

This young ram is keeping his eye me. As long as he was chewing on his cud I was OK to approach.
You don't see many Mule Deer bucks like this anymore.

This nice bull was right out side my tent where I winter camped.
OK truthfully........these 2 bulls are only sparring, playing.

Mountain goats I shot on the south fork of the Flathead near a goat lick. I was hanging out off the edge to get this shot.
This big ole muley buck was laying down in the tall sage brush and as I approached he stood up.......kind of startled me.

No comments: