Steve & Carol

Steve & Carol
Above Soda Canyon in Mesa Verde National Park

Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 2 - Nashville

Thursday was a sad day in Nashville and the Country Music world. George Jones service was held at the Grand Ole Opry. 1000's attended and 1000's more stood outside. It was televised live on all Nashville networks so we stayed in and watched the service. WOW! what an emotional 2 1/2 hours.
I've been a huge fan of George Jones it seems all my life. Mom and dad loved and listened to George all the time. Starting with his first hit "Why Baby Why" in 1955. He was a part of my life for a long time. His songs reflected the life styles, heartache and emotions of several generations. Listening to his music I've always felt a connection with my past.
No one can ever fill his shoes.
Thank you George Jones, may you rest in peace.

 

No comments: