Steve & Carol

Steve & Carol
Above Soda Canyon in Mesa Verde National Park

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday, September 6

Moab, Utah
We left Pocatello at 8:30 AM. We had fueled up last night so we wouldn't have to stop this morning, I noticed diesel went down 3 cents a gallon overnight......Oh well! Carol and I really like the Pocatallo area.
We pulled into the Cabela's parking lot around 11:30AM. Shopped until 2:00 in the afternoon and we were loaded up and ready to head south by 2:30. No major purchases, a couple of sale items, some munchies (just what we needed) and I also picked up a predator call. Should be able to call those coyotes in for a better shot at them now. Stayed on I15 heading south until we came to highway 6 at Spanish Fork. Then over the mountains to Price then on to I70 east then south on 191 to Moab. The drive over the pass on US 6 is a pretty drive, the trees were already starting to change colors. The terrain, country side from Price to just north of Moab I find fascinating. This area is full of dinosaur sites, fossils and active digs. I could spend a couple of weeks here alone and it would probably be alone, Carol doesn't care for this area. A few mile north of Moab you start to experience the wonders and beauty of Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Regardless of how many times I visit this area I'm still in awe of the beauty whenever I'm here. After we set up the 5th wheel at the RV park we went to the grocery store(Mark, I picked up some more Polygamy Porter). On our way back to the RV park we stopped at the Moab Brewing Company for dinner and couple of brews. Tomorrow we head to Cortez, Co.. Right inside the front door at Cabela'sThe "big" mountain towards the rear of the store with all the full size mounts of animals from the Rocky Mountian area
Just a part of the fishing department
The highest scored antelope in the world.
From the parking lot at Cabela's looking south

Alternate energy source? Wind wasn't blowing much at all.
Just north of Moab

Crossing the Colorado River just before you come into Moab.

The sun is going down, this was taken from our RV park.


No comments: